12.17.2012

A Not-So-Brief Hiatus

Wow! A full month since my last post... I'm not totally sure, but I don't think that's how you blog? There was a trip to New York (finally!), then I got sick, plus holiday (giftmas) planning. It's safe to say I lost track of time and I've yet to finish my cat face sweater. So, instead of a post dedicated to my shortcomings in the craft department, I'll share some more food I've made recently.


Thanks to one of my favorite sweethearts of the internet, Dorothy, I found this great garlic knot recipe. To accompany the knots, I decided fettuccine Alfredo would be perfect since it's so damn simple. Just throw together equal parts Parmesan, cream, and butter. Just kidding! But only a little...


The recipe makes a simple pizza dough which can totally be subbed by store-bought stuff. Though the dough had to rise for over an hour (90 mins), as all pizza dough does, the process moved along fairly quickly.

The fact that they were absolutely adorable certainly helped.


Once they were all done and slathered in garlicky, buttery goodness, we could not resist! It took us all of three days to eat just over 20. Oh, and the fettuccine Alfredo was good, too. Adding a bit of lemon juice and zest took it above and beyond. A+.

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say that I think your blog might be one of my all-time favorites. I love your colorful pictures and nails and seeing everything delicious you cook. My dough for the garlic knots is rising as I type this! Thank you for putting yourself out there and sharing your life. It makes me very happy to read your entries and look at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! I love getting feedback like this. You'll have to let me know how your knots turned out! I'm definitely planning on making them again real soon, with sprinkled Parmesan. Should be awesome!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥