2.24.2013

WIP: Round One

Ahh, look! Look! I've made a bunch of progress on my hexagons, you guys!
When I wrote about my new quilt project, I was still unsure of what colors to use. I ended up getting rid of the solid black yarn because of our two very hairy dogs that shed a lot, a whole lot. Just made more sense.


My goal of one a day got a little boring by day two, so I decided to go about it a bit differently, and, well... I guess I got carried away? 24 down, 97 to go! So, instead of one a day, I'm working from the center outward for each set of 24. I started on the first round of the next 24 but I'm giving my fingers a little break. Especially after starting this baby:


I'm using Colour in a Simple Life's awesome (and free) Granny Bobble Spiral pattern. I love it so much it hurts ☹. It works up really quickly, too. I think I'll make it into a pillow for our bedroom once it's big enough for a standard insert. All this crocheting of course renewed my interest in Ravelry. Are any of you on there?

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so crisp and bright. I always love seeing them. The hexagons seem to be coming along quickly. I've had a granny square blanket in the works for over two years now. You may have inspired me to take up working on it again. I love the colors you've chosen for the granny spiral bobble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The granny spiral bobble pictures are actually from my phone (lol). I found if I treat making the hexagons as a mini assembly line, it goes a lot faster; hopefully I get it done before summer! I'm going to check out your blanket now :)

      Delete
  2. OH THE BOBBLES! I'm glad you said it worked up quickly, I was worried it might be a bit fiddly with all the changing of yarns and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little wonky at first but once you make it passed the second corner it takes its shape nicely. I also added an extra DC in each bobble to make them ~extra puffy~.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥