9.27.2013

Not Another Wet n Wild Hunt?

Wet n Wild's Limited Edition Pop Art Craze trios weren't for me. Though the display and the white palettes were super cute, I just couldn't get behind most of the color combinations/the colors themselves. I did buy one trio, To Muse and Carouse, and ended up returning it because of its quality. The eyeshadows were so powdery and dry, had terrible color payoff, and were just...awful. And I LOVE Wet n Wild!


The Limited Edition Tough Girl Collection trios were released shortly after. Again, super duper cute but did I really need them? No. But apparently also yes because I ended up getting these two:

Wet n Wild's Limited Edition Tough Girl Collection - Enlisting for Beauty/Spoiled Army Brat

Then another limited edition set? What are you doing to me, Wet n Wild?? I've yet to see any official promo stuff for the new fall trios (Silent Era Film, Grays Matter, and Camera Obscura). Lots of photos are popping up on Instagram using #wnw, #wetnwild, #wetnwildbeauty, and all other variations of the hashtag I've been stalking like the giant mess that I become when I see "limited edition" on a thing.

Camera Obscura instantly reminded me of the Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Navy & Nude Eye Palette. At $60 it was a little plain to get all that worked up over, let alone buy, but a kinda-sorta dupe for $2.99? Gimme! How creepy is it that I want to message complete strangers asking to buy the trios for me? I won't. But I want to.

I went to a couple Walgreens' and Kmarts (plus a Walmart for good measure) and had no luck. While searching I happened upon this Limited Edition Fergie Jet-Set Palette and G. over at Nouveaucheap wrote about it! I couldn't justify spending $30 on a single item at Walgreens but G. received one from Wet n Wild to review, so if you're interested keep a lookout for her upcoming post. Maybe it's worth it? Maybe I'll hate myself for not buying two? WHO KNOWS!

Obviously not much has changed since my last Wet n Wild hunt (literally nothing). Down the Inexpensive Limited Edition Drugstore rabbit hole I go...

ETA: I've updated the post to add a comparison between the Enlisting for Beauty (limited edition) and Silent Treatment (permanent) because Chantelle asked:
Enlisting for Beauty reminds me of Silent Treatment. Are the shades in those two so similar that I only need one?
Wet n Wild's Limited Edition Tough Girl Collection - Enlisting for Beauty compared to Silent Treatment Wet n Wild's Limited Edition Tough Girl Collection - Enlisting for Beauty compared to Silent Treatment
Silent Treatment on the left, Enlisting for Beauty on the right

You can see they're actually very different trios and I would suggest picking up both if you're a fan of neutrals! Silent Treatment is cooler-toned than Enlisting for Beauty and both have great pigmentation. Enlisting for Beauty isn't quite as smooth to the touch as Silent Treatment but still totally worth it.

P.S. Erin found and got me the new fall trios all the way in exotic Cleveland! Yes!!

10 comments:

  1. I have this same problem. I'm embarrassed to admit how many Walgreens stores I checked for the Pop Art trio. I ended up stumbling on them a month later while on vacation in another state...so obviously, I bought all of them (except one - I couldn't do the one w/ the black, white and red shades). And then I found the Beauty Army ones at the Walgreens by my house, so...I bought most of those, too. It's a sickness! Why does Wet n Wild do this to us?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it's too easy to get roped in! Especially at their price point. How can you possibly pass it up? I'm the same way with nail polish, or I was, $1.99 for a bottle of Sinful Colors had me walking out of Walgreens with 2-3 bottles when all I needed was a new toothbrush! Don't worry though, there's no room for embarrassment surrounding Wet n Wild hunts here! I will always understand.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for understanding! I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from this particular ailment. ;) At least we'll always look fabulous!!

      Delete
  2. Enlisting for Beauty reminds me of Silent Treatment. Are the shades in those two so similar that I only need one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enlisting for Beauty reminds me of Silent Treatment. Are the shades in those two so similar that I only need one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just updated the post to answer your question! But in the future, when in doubt, always buy both. I'm kidding, but only a little...

      Here's a further color breakdown for you:

      The browbone is a light, peachy pink shimmer (ST) vs peachy beige matte (EFB). The crease is a dark, cool brown with gold shimmer you can't really see once applied (ST) vs a medium brown satin (EFB). The eyelid is a cool mauve shimmer (ST) vs a khaki satin/borderline shimmer (EFB).

      Delete
  4. I work at one in Cincy, let me know what you're searching for and if we have it can send it up. We have a bunch with the limited edition stickers now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just opened up the floodgates, Emily! Thank you! I'm sure there will be something new just about every week. The fall limited edition things are out of control this year and naturally I want it all.

      Delete
    2. Ok it might be -all- of them then ;) Email is best for letting me know the list emilylynmiller - gmail.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥